Sunday, April 1, 2012

got a job :)

oh hey.

Sorry I really stink at updating, it was easier to update when I had something epic to write about each month (World Race) rather than just the comings and goings of daily life in the "real world".

I got a job! I am currently working at Buon Giorno at their locations in Grapevine and Ft. Worth. So far, I'm not allowed to touch the espresso machine but I know i'll get there one day :)


Imma be real honest and say that I have struggled HARD since coming home from the Race. Like falling back into depression, i don't have any friends or purpose in life, why is no one hiring me struggle. It really stunk.I guess it was to be expected (for me anyway) because of the extreme change of living an exciting life in godly community with amazing, interesting people to moving back to the suburbs with my parents where everyone is white, speaks English, and you don't have to worry about providing your own toilet paper. Those of you who know me well know that change is not always something I can handle with finesse :)

Which is why I am SO THANKFUL for this job. Reasons why:
1-Gives me a purpose. A simple one, but a reason to get up in the morning.
2-Money! excited to be a productive member of society and contribute to the economy
3-I reallllllllly like my coworkers. They will keep me sane in the this plastic-surgeried soccer mom town. And I think they like me. hooray!
4-My boss is British. enough said.
5-I get to sharpen my social skills and manners I kinda lost on the Race. Though so far, I still can't hand anyone back their money in my left hand. That'll be a hard one to break.
6- i get to have super awkward run-ins with people from my high school that i haven't seen in 6 years. SO. WEIRD. but makes the day interesting at least.
7- I am learning to become a coffee connoisseur. Started drinking my coffee black two weeks ago! Really upped my cool factor.


Another big factor to my sanity has been my fave little house church, ComChurch Irving. Which is basically a migration of people from ComChurch College Station that wanted the same authenticity and vision so they started their own church. I am so thankful for a place that I could get plugged in immediately and feel truly "known". Even though we are only 25 or so and I am one of 4 single people, I wouldn't change a thing about it. We even elected a singles pastor last night, based on the fact that Joe is the most social out of all of us. We're getting to be so official.


Even though I have a job now, I still need to figure out how to grow up. So expect more entries soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are happy about getting a job! Me, on the other hand... I can't wait till summer to get a break from my job ;)

    I started drinking my coffee black a couple years ago because I always felt embarrassed having to add things to it when I was with all the Carmacks who drank it black (except Laura, but now she drinks it black too)... it took me a few weeks to actually enjoy the taste of black coffee, but I'm SO GLAD I trained myself. Now I can actually taste the differences in flavors and roasts and other things that I would never have been able to do when I loaded it up with Equal. Sometimes I'll add some sugar for old times' sake, but I usually just regret it.

    (Go to my blog to figure out who this is, if you haven't yet)

    ReplyDelete