Thursday, February 16, 2012

update & TJ entries

Sorry for the hiatus. An outline of my past month:
-Finished my doula workshop and I'm pumped about getting started...but how do I get clients? I've been contacting acquaintances on Facebook that are pregnant and being super awkward about asking them but that doesn't seem to be working :) Let me know if anyone is in the market for a doula!
-Made a 92 on my developmental psych test. BOOM
-Got an iPhone. mildly obsessed. And don't worry, yes, I did drop it on the first day. what else do you expect? (no worries, just a small crack)
-Went two-stepping with people from many of my circles (sky ranch, A&M, world race, high school) at Red River in Dallas. Very fun.
-Still in the midst of applying for jobs and going to some interviews.
-Officially started going to ComChurch Irving! Love it.
-Visited Roots. hooray for a cool place to get coffee!
-Joined a gym that I'm loving so far. Took a boot camp class yesterday that kicked my butt.
-Read Twelve Clean Pages. You need to read this book!

And now...my Transition Journal

I found this awesome journal at the night market in Chiang Mai.

A simple book of stapled pages that looked interesting, though I already had a gargantuan journal to fill my thoughts with. So, I brainstormed about what to use it for. I knew that the Race was quickly coming to an end, yet I had no idea what I was going to do next. It was month 8, we were about to attend our "Re-entry Debrief" where they would help us with our next steps, and I didn't have a CLUE. I decided that I would write a question at the top of each page and then try my best to fill the pages with answers. I wrote questions like "What do I want to learn more about?", "How do I want to handle my money?" and "What kind of legacy do I want to leave?"

It is now halfway full of words and ideas about the person I want to be, and I have decided to share it on this blog. I will try to keep the editing to a minimum so you can get the full effect, but it is the Internet! I'll share my first entry later today.

Hope you have a great February 16th! (Anniversary of the Kyoto Protocol)

No comments:

Post a Comment