Saturday, January 21, 2012

this last month....

has been a crazed time of traveling, spending time with family, and celebrating in general. Oh and applying for approximately 10 jobs every morning before starting my day. Guess how many responses I've gotten? 1. out of about 100. and it was for an occasional babysitting job. womp womp. Please pray for something to open up (I'm hoping for something at Central Market or Whole Foods, but I'll take whatever). I also:

*Started school again! My [online] classes started on the 17th and I'm loving them so far; Small Business Management & Life Span Growth and Development. One of our first assignments was to "introduce" ourselves on the message board, and there sure are some interesting people taking this class. I've already met a guy from Nepal and I'm so impressed by how many people that are married, have kids, etc. and are still interested in working on their degrees! Got my textbooks in the mail today & I'm ready to start using my brain again.

*Went to an allergist-- found out I am off the charts for cats, cedar & ragweed. For everyone who gets upset that I don't tell them about my cat allergy until a reaction starts flaring up, here's your heads-up! Tested out my asthma and learned a lot about how allergies work. If you're looking for an allergist in the DFW area, Dr. Mudita Shah is excellent. She spent about an hour with me, doing tests herself and talking me through the why, how, etc. Probably the best doctors appointment I've ever been to.

*Finally finished ridding my room of all the junk I've accumulated over the last 6 years of being transient. Found & read some interesting things.... was reminded of how glad I am that high school is over!

*Attended the Project: Searchlight conference @ the AIM headquarters in Gainesville, GA. The best way to describe it is a week of coaching, networking, and pushing newly-returned Racers into what their Kingdom Dream is...or at least seasonal dream. It helped me so much, I LOVED our mini-squad reunion, and made some decisions! I will share more details on my next blog.

Suzi, Robin and I at the conference [we missed you Mel,  John(s),  & Evan!]
*Visited friends in Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Houston & College Station on the way to & from Georgia. I'm so blessed to know so many wonderful people and felt so encouraged by all our conversations. Shout out to the Springers, Kathryn, Amanda, the Smiths + baby Jackson, the Hokansons, the Womacks, all of ComChurch, and the Supercinskis, especially baby Micah. Hope we get to see one another again soon!


Jackson (less than 2 weeks old!) and I, looking cute & stuff

More to come on my next post, about where the Lord is leading me and everything that happened at PSL. Let me know if you have any comments/questions   

April

No comments:

Post a Comment