Monday, December 19, 2011

Guess what??

I have a plan for the next 6 months!

well, part of one anyway.

Ready?

Living: with my parents in Colleyville. Not my favorite, but it saves money and I like hanging out with them most of the time :)

School: Registered for a few online classes at TCC. I'm taking the rest of the pre-reqs I needed for nursing school and decided to take 2 classes about small business operations & management. I think that these classes will help me determine if i want a career with catering or a bed & breakfast...which really is a possibility!

Work: undetermined. In the midst of resume tweaking and looking for a well-paying, enjoyable job in the DFW area. Anyone have some tips?

Friends: do i have any that live less than 40 minutes away? Everyone's all cool and in dallas, which is slightly annoying.


some of you will not be impressed with this plan, but I am! I think there should be some sort of reward whenever I make a big decision because it's so hard to do. Maybe a pedicure? Haven't gotten one since coming off the Race and my feet still look like they belong in Malaysia. no offense, Malaysia, I really do love you.

Oh, and here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure from my recent trip to Dalhart to visit the Gibsons. We took a trip to Cadillac Ranch, among our many other adventures.

Devine looking all cute
What I spray painted. Funny? yes.
sunset at cadillac ranch


-April


3 comments:

  1. Cool! Colleyville isn't SO far from Dallas, you know! You, ma'am, are officially coming over for dinner just as soon as we can arrange it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are always welcome down in Houston. We have lots of room. See you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo for a plan! It feels good to set things in motion. Both paths sound fun. And like my dad likes to tell me--apparently there is a statistic out there that on average, Americans nowadays change their careers seven times in their lifetime. So you could do all of the above and then some. Like, be a nurse, save up, and then open a bed and breakfast. Voila.

    ReplyDelete