Friday, December 9, 2011

Jobs I like (from afar)

To complement the "companies" post, here's some dream jobs of mine. I don't know all the ins & outs of each job, but I'm still a fan.

1. Professional caterer/baker- I know baking is all "Trendy" now and everyone is doing it, but i would love to either own my own catering business or partner with someone. Or even take a challenge and create a gluten free or vegan line.

2. Nurse/some sort of healthcare worker- I think I would love helping people in this arena, and everyone knows I'm a sucker for a practical sort of ministry. Schooling would probably take less than 1.5 years since i have most of the pre-reqs, and I hear they are having some sort of massive nursing shortage. We'll see. I can't imagine myself inserting a catheter into a male patient. gross.

3. Owning a Bed & Breakfast- This would quite possibly be my dreamiest of dream jobs. I would love everything about it. Except not being able to go to the kitchen in my bathrobe, but i would get over it.

4. Sommelier/wine educator- don't really know much about wine, but this seems to be quite possibly the coolest job on the planet. I wouldn't mind giving tours of wineries either if this doesn't work out.

5. Author- I by no means have the training nor the discipline for this job, but how wonderful would it feel to get a book published? Maybe i'll shoot to be a children's author and make my sister do the illustrations. hmm... I could make that happen.

6. Midwife/Doula/etc.- I have had a fascination with pregnancy & birth ever since I took NUTR 444 and listened to Dr. Allred tell stories of how is wife is a breastfeeding ninja. This whole a-baby-grows-in-your-belly thing is my most favorite phenomenon and even though I have no experience with it whatsoever, I'd like to help women with this time in their lives. Plus I wouldn't have to deal with boys' parts. yay!

7. Personal assistant to someone not snobby- this job appeals to me. and i don't really mind being told what to do if i like the person.

8. Professional crafter- you know, someone who dominates etsy & pinterest and is a less crazy, more hipster version of Martha Stewart. a girl can dream

9. Food critic- what's not to love? You get to eat, write, and everyone hangs on your every word. Well, maybe only if you're Anthony Bourdain.

10. Organic Farmer- I have always wanted to work on a farm ever since I was little. I would frequent farmers markets and be everyone's favorite produce supplier


what do you think? What's your dream job?

April

2 comments:

  1. I vote for midwife! You could do both nurse and midwife. Organic farmer is also fun. You could be a live in volunteer at the world hunger farm while you figure it out! http://worldhungerrelief.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurse/Midwife would be sweet...might take you a bit more than 1.5 years to go all the way to midwife though I think its a masters? Might be worth it though!

    I have some other really sweet friends that want to open a bakery someday, but don't wanna step out. That would be pretty flippin' sweet methinks.

    ReplyDelete